As we know that research is considered as one of the most important part of our study. In our blog, we are listing digital tools that are designed to help researchers discover millions of research articles available to till date. Search engines and curators help a researcher to speedily find the articles they are interested in, and let them stay up to date with the literature. Tools like article visualization improve the reading experience, for example, by helping to navigate from one paper to another.
Search engines and curators
• CiteUlike – the tool search, organizes, and share scholarly papers.
• Colwiz – the tool creates citations and bibliography. It also set up the research groups on the cloud to share files and references.
• BibSonomy – It share bookmarks and literature list.
• ContentMine – It uses machines to liberate number of facts from the scientific literature.
Tools for article visualization
• Colwiz – it creates citations and bibliography. It also set up the research groups on the cloud to share files and references.
• ACS ChemWorx – It is a two-way reference manager coupled with tools and services for authors.
• eLife Lens–It provides a novel way of looking at online content for researchers, reviewers, authors and readers.
• Interactive Science Publishing – It allows authors to publish large datasets with innovative source data that can be viewed interactively by readers.
It is difficult to manage large sets of data and programming code which is inevitable for most researchers. Some tools have been developed to competently store and share data and code. These tools are become more and more significant as data and code sharing becomes the standard and a requirement of the majority funding agencies.
• ContentMine – It uses machines to release number of facts from the scientific literature.
• DataBank – It Analysis and visualizes collections of time series data on number of topics.
• BioLINCC – It is a clinical specimen database.
• DataCite – It creates easier access to research data by providing constant identifiers for data.
• DataHub – It Publish and register datasets, it also build and manage groups and communities.